Friday, May 8, 2015

Blog Assignment 21


On page 217, Violet asks, “what am I, without the feed?” Are people anything without the feed, in the world of the story?

Violet is a very complex and delicate character. She reminds me a lot of Natalie Torpey. I can;t describe Nat's character, or who she is as a person. I can say that I think of her when Violet alk in the story. They both share this deep-thinking personality that is extremely admirable in my eyes. Violet also reminds me of Molly Tracey from 21 Jump st, which is odd because of the outrageous plot but i get the same vibe from violet as i do when i watch Molly in 21 Jump st. They both think very deeply, and violet impressed me because she brought up a question of identity, "What am I, without the feed?" It brings up a very sensitive idea that these people may or may not possess their OWN identity because of this "feed". She brings up that her life is narrated by the feed. "Everything I think of when i think of really living, living t the full- all my ideas are just the opening credits of sitcoms. see what i mean? My idea of life, it's what happens when they're rolling the credits. My god." (p. 217). This Is a real eye-opener for me as a reader. It pops the same question in my head as to hat we ll really are besides our pictures in instagram, or a post on facebook. Odds are that most of us have never even met half of the followers that we have in person. So is that person that we only followed because we think they're attractive actually real? who are they without their "feed"? Why are you significant?

Does Violet's feed quote make you want to make a real name for yourself?
-Of course. These people don't know a life without the feed. It was a really big deal back toward the beginning of the book when that group (besides Loga) lost their feed. I would want something more for myself than just a feed.

How would you feel/think if you were Titus sitting there with violet as she starts to think and talk so deeply?

-I would think that she is totally foreign. honestly. I don't believe that anyone in the entire book is nearly as complex and interesting as violet and it comes as no surprise to me that she would bring this up, but that's thinking like Anthony. As Titus, I think I'd react the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment