Saturday, May 23, 2015

Blog Assignment 20

 9. What quality of which character strikes you as a good characteristic to develop within yourself over the years? Why? How does the character demonstrate this quality?

Toward page 170-200 Titus shows a lot of compassion for violet. I don't think he knows why she is so upset but he tries to do a lot for her to feel better. This is a big step for him considering he was pretty dull and careless at the beginning of the book. He would constantly complain about how the moon and space were both boring. He also complained that his friends were annoying and immature; just an overall miserable person and i really didn't like him.
It wasn't long after they all got back to earth that the group of friends started hanging out at parties and stuff. Titus would borrow his parents' car to go pick up violet to take her to the parties. One particular time, Titus states his reasoning for going to one of the parties. "On Friday, I went to pick up Violet at her house for the party. I hoped that the party would cheer her up." (p. 190).
Even though it's not much evidence of a changed characteristic within Titus, I feel that Violet is good for him in terms of character. He has compassion for someone and the reason that I admire this is because I don't care about anyone but myself. It's the most complicated situation that i've ever encountered because I'm conscious of it but i don't know what to do about it or if i even should do something about it. Titus' solution is Violet. Sadly, I don't have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment